Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wayback Machine <link>

Wayback Machine &lt;link&gt; 14 years 3 months ago #3286

• Jack
  • Jack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Ever wish you could check out a homepage thats no longer available, say from 1995 or so? Well now you can, check out:

www.archive.org/

And while you are there check out Firewall.cx and check out or humble beginnings, when Chris was “Chris P” And he even had this posted for a while:

“My hobbies include spending alot of time developing this website, trying to put online more material for you guys to read, listening to a lot of music such as Yanni, Vangelis, Enya and Greek music. I love sleeping... in fact I do it every night - and day when I am supposedly too sick (sleepy-lazy) to go to work :)

Glad you removed that Yanni thing Chris. :)

web.archive.org/web/20010518200015/http://www.firewall.cx/

Re: Wayback Machine &lt;link&gt; 14 years 3 months ago #3287

Avenger on Efnet.. I didn't know you were an IRC chap Chris. I used to hang around Undernet years ago when a fonecall here was just Re.1 regardless of how long you were on for.

Btw check out redhat.com in the archive.. its funny.
Awesome link Jack... I wonder how many personal homepages that people would be terribly embarassed by now are in there !!

Re: Wayback Machine &lt;link&gt; 14 years 3 months ago #3324

• Chris
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
I don't know how I missed this post, Sahir just brought it to my attention!!

I couldn't believe this site - its got most of the old screenshots from humble Firewall.cx!!

I use to spend countless of hours on Efnet, overtaking channels and running irc scripts like Lice and a few more which I cant remember anymore. I use to hang around in #Aussiwarez, #Crossroads, #Vault and a few more.

Those days are nothing but memories now .. but good ones! I remember I use to stay up till 7am, playing Quake online and then calling in sick at work cause I needed to get some sleep!

Well done Jack, awesome site!!!!!!! 10/10

Oh and yeah ....Jack... Yanni still rocks :) heheheh

Re: Wayback Machine &lt;link&gt; 14 years 3 months ago #3325

hehe taking over channels.. now thats something i havent done in a while. I even remember the winnuke days when you could crash someone with a BSOD by sending OOB data to port 139..

damn the net was more fun before the .com boom what say ?

the first time i ever logged on i was using a student shell account and i was surfing the net through the silly windows post-dial terminal screen -- yes in that tiny window !! (i didnt know better ;) and the only thing I could think of was... damn this is an overated waste of Rs.500.. cant wait to disconnect and get back onto the BBS's with their slick ANSI graphics lol
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN