Hot Downloads

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Becoming a certified Network Administrator.

Becoming a certified Network Administrator. 11 years 3 months ago #8808

• eddydreni
  • Frequent Member
Hi all, I will be currently enrolling in the following program(s) and course(s) where I will be qualified and certified under these categories:

My classes begin in June 22, 2005. This is what I will be learning:

MCSA
MCSE
MCP
LPIC (Level 1)
Network+
i-Net+
Server+
Linux+
Security+

I will be receiving the following Diploma:

NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR DIPLOMA

Also, I will be working on getting my CCNA and CCDA.

Now, the reason I am posting this is, Is it really worth it and if I can achieve alot of knowledge and hopefully launch a good career for myself, will all this training and learning pay off? Obviously, I've been told by alot of people that the IT industry is constantly growing and in demand. Some with other views, saying its too hard, or that there aren't enough jobs. However, I didn't want to learn Networking just because of its career benefits. Being a daily computer user, I find alot of different aspects of the I.T and networking world so interesting, whether it be the psychical aspect (mechanical/engineering) or mental aspect (applications/operating systems) of either one just drives my knowledge bubble higher and higher. I am learning so much every single day before my classes have even begun and my head keeps telling me I'm going into the right direction.

I've posted this to get the opinions of the users of this community, the people I want to be 8)

I am 19 years old and reside in Toronto. Living with my parents and 3 brothers and 1 sister :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Courses 11 years 3 months ago #8812

• TheBishop
  • Thank you received: 8
If you have all those tickets on your CV plus a little real-world experience I can't see you having a problem getting a first job. Get a little more experience while there, use it as a stepping stone and move on when you're ready. The key is to chalk up a CV of concrete achievements rather than a list of things you claim to know a lot about

Re: Becoming a certified Network Administrator. 11 years 3 months ago #8814

• eddydreni
  • Frequent Member
Experience is definitly an important field in IT. but, how do you get experience when you don't have a job? :)

Re: Becoming a certified Network Administrator. 11 years 3 months ago #8822

• DaLight
  • Honored Member
Volunteer for an organisation that needs someone with computer skills but can't afford to pay them. I'm sure there will be lots of small organisations who need some kind of IT person to help out in some capacity.

Experience 11 years 3 months ago #8826

• TheBishop
  • Thank you received: 8
Dalights suggestion is good. But have a think about your own activities also. If for example you have installed a wireless network at home and linked four machines to the internet over it, then you have experience of that. So tell them on the CV. List the achievement plus any major obstacles you beat to get there. Same goes for any PC expansion/repair work you've done, and any scripting/programming. I think you probably have more experience than you give yourself credit for.

Re: Becoming a certified Network Administrator. 11 years 3 months ago #8843

• eddydreni
  • Frequent Member
Hehe, yeah, you are right ;)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN