Hot Downloads

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CCNA Exam Path

CCNA Exam Path 11 years 4 months ago #20459

I am looking to get CCNA qualified, I have been working within the networking area for a few years, mainly on LAN switching and Firewalls. I am very week on the theory bits OSI 7 Layer model etc, frame realy ( does anybody still use that ) and routing protocols OSPF/RIP/EIGRP etc. I have the Cisco books and hopefully the Boson sim will help out.

Anyway, I would like to take opinions on which exam path to take the INTRO + ICND or straight into the CCNA, pros and cons of each path appreciated.

Re: CCNA Exam Path 11 years 4 months ago #20464

• S0lo
  • Thank you received: 7
I've done the INTRO + ICND track. It's nice and I passed on first attempt. But did not try CCNA one shot exam, So can't compare. My impression is that Cisco created the new INTRO + ICND exam because many people felt the single exam was overwelming. However, there are many people who have done very well in the single exam from first attempt.

Re: CCNA Exam Path 11 years 4 months ago #20547

You'll want to brush up on your routing protocols if you don't think you're up to par but with 4 years experience, you shouldn't have a problem with the composite otherwise.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN