Hot Downloads

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Usage of Cisco PIX AAA and Per User Downladable ACLs

Usage of Cisco PIX AAA and Per User Downladable ACLs 11 years 4 months ago #9217

• Sud
Hi,

I am a sysadmin as well as a Cisco PIX learner. I wonder, on an average, how many networks will be there who use PIX, will be using AAA
( AAA for the cut through proxy, not for administrative purposes ) and also, the "per user downloadable ACLs" feature.

I mean, how common the usage of these two features among PIX owners..? especially the "downloadable ACLs"...?

Any users, senior sysadmins or IT managers who can authoritatively tell either they have encountered a lot of them or never seen one set up or even a rough percentage to get an idea...

Thanks in advance...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Usage of Cisco PIX AAA and Per User Downladable ACLs 11 years 4 months ago #9239

• Chris
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
While my experience with the Cisco Pix Firewall is limited, I haven't come across any organisation that's used AAA for the cut through proxy or the per user downloadable ACLs feature.

As with many other features included in Cisco's fine equipment, they are not all used by the majority of customers but we are hoping to change that with our upcoming Cisco lab :wink:

Cheers,
Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx

Re: Usage of Cisco PIX AAA and Per User Downladable ACLs 11 years 4 months ago #9246

I may just be reading it wrong, but are you perhaps hinting towards the accessibility of a PIX firewall for the cisco labs? I've had a lot of access to cisco routers and plenty of sim software, but never a PIX firewall.. it almost brings out my inner child... almost.. I want to play with one reallllyy bad :oops:
"He who breaks something to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf the Grey

Re: Usage of Cisco PIX AAA and Per User Downladable ACLs 11 years 4 months ago #9270

• Sud
Thanks a lot, chris. As your experience says, and for me also, it looks like these features of PIX are not well understood or implemented by PIX owners.

I am discussing this through some other sources too. If i could get an authoritative openion, i'll post it here.

Regards,
Sudhish.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN
  • IPSec Modes