I need assistance with an idea for automatically forwarding port 80 and 443 and any web-related traffic to a proxy server (Web Marshal).
1) I tried using DD-WRT's HTTP redirect and I get an error. I used Wireshark and found a checksum error.
2) I tried using Policy-based routing with routemaps and forwarding the traffic to the proxy. I could tell the packes arrived at the filter, but the filter didn't know.
3) I can't use WCCP because it only does port 80.
4) I can't use WPAD because the user will have to have the "Automatically detect proxy server" box checked.
1) I don't want to force the users to put in the proxy and block any non-proxied traffic.
2) These are public unknown users - not part of a domain of internal network.
BONUS: At the packet level, what is the difference between the packets coming from a browser configured with a proxy server forwarding to 192.168.1.10 and if a Cisco device uses a route map and forwards the packets to 192.168.1.10.
It seems WebMarshal only works if the browser is configured with a proxy, are the packets formed differently?