I'm a new person on Cisco ASA 5505. I'd like to configure nating between two hosts. can somebody guide me how to configure that.
pirvate ip address: 10.8.8.1
public ip address: 10.10.10.1
1. Assign a physical interface to the outside vlan
2. Assign a physical interface to the inside vlan
3. Set the security for the inside vlan to 100 (just some big number)
4. Set the security of the outside vlan to 0 (just some number smaller than inside)
5. Define what needs to be NATted on the inside
6. Define the global pool on the outside
7. Make sure you have routing in place
That's all you need to go from the inside to the outside.
If you want to go from the outside to the inside:
8. Define a static translation for the inside host to appear on the outside
9. Create an access list which permits the traffic
10. Assign the access-list to the outside interface inbound