Hot Downloads

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IDS System

IDS System 10 years 6 months ago #14779

• Lindows
Hey Guys,

I would like to add a IDS to my home network. Right now, i have a linksys wireless G router, and im not comfortable with just Nat. What options do i have in increasing my network setup.

i was thinking about setting up a ipcop box before my router, but i'm not quite certain do i configure it.

Lindows
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: IDS System 10 years 6 months ago #14782

• nske
  • Expert Member
hello,
The only IDS software that I'm familiar with is Snort, which is really powerful! You can install it over any linux or *BSD distribution, or even Windows (though that is not a very good idea). The very detailed documentation should cover you, at least for the initial steps of installation and configuration.

Keep in mind that Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems can be as complicate as powerful you want them to be, so if you want to build something really good, you should be prepared to study quite a lot about related technologies and software. That said, the rabbit's hole gets really deep, but building a good and reliable IDS/IPS is a very intriguing and worthwile challenge! In any case keep us posted on your progress, ideas or problems -that's an interesting subject for discussion! :)

Re: IDS System 10 years 6 months ago #14784

• DaLight
  • Honored Member
As nske said, Snort is a powerful IDS package and it is in fact bundled with IPCOP. If you need any help installing IPCOP feel free to ask.
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN
  • IPSec Modes