There are 4 layer 3 switches:
- 2 Core switches (C1 & C2)
- 2 Distributions (D1 & D2)
Vlan 2 -192.168.1.2/29
Vlan 3 -192.168.2.2/29
Vlan 2 -192.168.1.3/29
Vlan 3 -192.168.2.3/29
Vlan 2 -192.168.1.4/29
Vlan 4 -10.10.10.1/24
Vlan 3 -192.168.2.4/29
Vlan 5 -10.10.20.1/24
I can ping from PC0 to PC1, but I when i test redundancy by shutdown LINE 1 its not working. Ping is dropped. I dont know what the problem (maybe something wrong with configuration).
I have uploaded pracket tracer file. Hope anybody can help me.
1. Fa0/3 on D2 is on VLAN5. It should be on VLAN 3, since the other end of the cable is on VLAN 3
2. C2 was not doing routing. So I added the ip routing command.
3. Networks 10.10.10.0/24 and 10.10.20.0/24 were advertized on OSPF area 2. I moved them to area 1. If you want them on area 2 then I think you have REDISTRIBUTE routes.
I also removed all static routes since OSPF can do the job. After those changes, the 2 PCs can ping each other no matter what single cable you remove. If it doesn't work immediately after you remove a cable, just wait for it so that OSPF converges. Here is the fixed file: