Hot Downloads

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with 2 point to point links

Problem with 2 point to point links 7 years 6 months ago #29790

• Ride
What I am trying to do is have 2 point to point 802.11a wireless links be wired together through a managed switch at both ends. I want to have increased bandwidth. More important is that if one link goes down, that the traffic will all be routed through the link that is still up automatically. A coworker told me to try "trunking" between the switches which are SMC Tigerswitch 6128L2, but the problem i get is a ip conflict on my computers at both ends of the link that I use to test it. Though there is no real ip conflict as everything is on static ip's that I set myself and documented. Please help, I am starting to lose my mind. Thanks for any help

-Ryan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with 2 point to point links 7 years 5 months ago #29880

• S0lo
  • Thank you received: 7
What I am trying to do is have 2 point to point 802.11a wireless links be wired together through a managed switch at both ends.

To be honist, I did not really get what your trying to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, You have two 802.11a APs and you want to wire both of them to one switch? And you want to do this using two Ethernet cables from each of the APs to the switch, Is that what you wanted to do?
Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx

Re: Problem with 2 point to point links 7 years 5 months ago #29906

• TheBishop
  • Thank you received: 8
I think he wants to aggregate two wireless links side-by-side to increase the overall bandwidth available. I don;t think you can 'trunk' them between your switches as trunking is designed for physical and dedicated switch-to-switch links which a wireless link is not. Also any trunking would have to be layer-3 aware as you don't have a continuous layer-2 link between the switches; it's all IP
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN
  • IPSec Modes