Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best physical setup with ASA5505

Best physical setup with ASA5505 9 years 8 months ago #29368

Hello,

I have a home network and a test network for Cisco and MCSE training. I have one cable modem and 2 IP's for 2 routers. One each for each network. My question is I now have an ASA5505 that I want to incorporate into my networks for training and security. What is the best physical configuration for this and do I still need 2 IP's to separate the networks or can the ASA5505 do this.
For instance, should I have the ASA5505 after the modem and setup subnets in the ASA. I also have 3 2507's, a 1720, a 1751, a 2501, a 2514, 2 catalyst 2900's, and 2 catalyst 1900's. My goal is to keep my home network separate and use all the cisco equipment to train on and set up labs. Also, I want my MCSE pc's to be incorporated with the Cisco equipment. I have 4 2003 servers, 2 2000 boxes, 3 XP Pro boxes, a Vista Business machine with 2 virtual machine OS's, and a 2008 server.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Best physical setup with ASA5505 9 years 8 months ago #29375

If you don't want to use multiple ISPs, you could separate your network using VLANs and have everything connect to the ASA as your gateway to the Internet.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN