I've been having some problems with a Siemens 5830 DSL router I purchased a while ago.
Basically everything seems to work apart from the atrocious upstream bandwidth which seems to max out at about 5 kilobits per second. That's bits not Bytes, folks. In fact a number of online speed tests fail to complete and seem to timeout. File uploads to an FTP server under my control also timeout for file sizes over about 40 kilobytes. Downloads speeds are however OK.
I have reflashed the firmware and deleted all configuration settings. In fact I thought the problem was with the DSL line and had a long running battle with my ISP, until I tested it out with two other ethernet modem routers and even a humble USB modem! All of these devices achieved upload speeds over 300 kilobits per second.
I'm convinced there is a hardware fault with the device but before chucking the device, I just wondered if anyone has come across this problem.
it's a problem with the firmware revision you are using
11 years 11 months ago #16144
Thanks for your suggestion, black3842. It didn't actually apply in my case, though. I was able to connect but had poor upstream performance. I found out that it was down to a hardware problem. I got another unit off Ebay and flashed it with the same firmware and it's working great.