Skip to main content

Intressted?

More
19 years 8 months ago #4670 by Garbin
Replied by Garbin on topic Re: Intressted?

Is Anyone intrested in Novell Netware?
Someone running it??

/Mattias

Netware 6 on six servers, one running Groupwise 6.5.
24/7 service with the only reboots for service packs.
More
19 years 8 months ago #4689 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Netware
Netware? Wonderful stuff! Used to support numerous servers on Netware 3 and 4 in a previous job. The best bit about Netware was that it did the job of a network operating system properly. Specially the printing support. Now I am devoid of Netware and have to support flaky clustered printing under Windows NT (turns away from keyboard to spit)...
More
19 years 8 months ago #4699 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Intressted?
The biggest con game in history was when Microsoft managed to convince the world that Windows was a networking operating system...

There is not one component of the Windows networking sub-system that isn't really B-grade.

Anyone who's ever worked on a *nix knows what a networking OS is.

I've never had the pleasure of working on Novell, but everyone who has has told me its a beautiful OS. I'm really glad they've bought SuSE.. look at how that distribution is turning out ! Its incredibly good.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
18 years 6 months ago #10839 by monsky
Replied by monsky on topic Re: Intressted?
yeah , we still have 3.12 in the office and we've installed it 5 years ago and yet until now we never got any problem . we used it as a file server and still runs the multi-user old lotus spreadsheet with 5 486 workstations and other DOS based applications.. too archaic but it serves the purpose.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10901 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Intressted?
Ahh!! Netware 3.12. The days when the server wasn't always the centre of attention, but some forgotten box in the corner that did what it was meant to do, and did it quietly.
More
18 years 5 months ago #11217 by RedRanger
Replied by RedRanger on topic Re: Intressted?
Netware is way to command line interface for me. I need something that has a tad bit of a GUI. Although I do rely alot on the command prompts and cli's. O ya, Linux pwn3s Novell

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds