Skip to main content

CHROME OS: Your observations

More
12 years 9 months ago #37107 by sose
Google tools are fantastic, and now incorporated into a bran new OS. I have never been happier in my IT career not until when Google Chrome OS was released.

The problem I have is the issue of third party applications
More
12 years 9 months ago #37112 by Nevins
I constantly switch browsers based on the features and what I am doing. I'm not a loyalist like most people. Right now I like Firefox because of the "no script" addon.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
12 years 9 months ago #37117 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Sose,
Are you using the Google Chrome OS. Please let me know how it is, I might be trying out that flavour very soon
Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 9 months ago #37122 by sose
@Arani no, I just watched a documentary about the OS
More
12 years 9 months ago #37125 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
I've been busting my guts trying to run a virtual box of the Chrome OS, tried so many linux based virtual boxes but none of them work at all. Kind of losing hope on this one.

Can anyone give me leads on a site from where I can download a fully working virtualbox VDI file to run Chrome OS?

Looking forward to all your responses

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 9 months ago #37133 by TheBishop
From what I can gather Chrome OS = cloud basically. The concept seems to be that your "PC" becomes just an access device to network-based services rather than supporting local applications. Which is fine if that's what you want, and fine if the cloud marketeers are right about the way our world is going to go. Personally though it gives me this uneasy feeling, like the one you get when your internet connection goes down and you realise the basket with all your eggs in it has totally disappeared...
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds