Skip to main content

Intercom

More
13 years 8 months ago #35196 by Nevins
Intercom was created by Nevins
Hey guys I was wondering if someone knew how to set up an intercom paging system. I'm looking for parts and advice as this is the first time I've done anything like this.

[img

I plan on using a strike lock on the 2 doors and locking one in place all the time so only one opens(allows me to go cheaper on the locks). But I've never set up strike locks before I was wondering if people could suggest part combo's. (not pictured is a release lock on the other side of the key combo panel.)

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
13 years 8 months ago #35235 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Intercom
What exactly are you after here? A voice intercom system with a pushbutton to open the electric door lock and let people in? An access control system to let people open the door themselves say from a number keypad or a card reader? I'd say the above are two related byt separate projects.
And by the way, that drawing must have been a labour of love!
More
13 years 8 months ago #35262 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: Intercom

What exactly are you after here? A voice intercom system with a pushbutton to open the electric door lock and let people in?

Basically yes. The only thing is if you only put the buzzer in and not the door code & release people always have to be on the inside to let you in or out. With a door code and release people can get in and out in emergency situations.

An access control system to let people open the door themselves say from a number keypad or a card reader? I'd say the above are two related but separate projects.

I was a bit confused by this statement as the reading I've done states that basically all strike lock access control systems are are a powered circuit with interrupts the number keypad and release would be just more interrupts. Is there something wrong with the way I'm thinking it works?

[img

Also I have no idea where to buy this type of stuff (except online) and I would rather look for it locally.

Useful Threads
More
13 years 8 months ago #35264 by JamieP
Replied by JamieP on topic Re: Intercom

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
More
13 years 8 months ago #35269 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Intercom
Good Link JamieP.
What I meant by separate systems was that a system to basically open the door - whether off a keypad entry or a pushbutton - is fairly easy, but proper access control where every access is logged and you can enforce restrictions for certain people in certain zones at certain times of day is far more complex. If you were going to need the latter, that system would need to be specified and designed first, and it would then be a simple matter to bolt pushbuttons and keypads onto it. From your diagram, however, it looks like you're thinking of something much simpler without all the logging etc.
More
13 years 8 months ago #35275 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: Intercom

www.screwfix.com/cats/A257838/Security/Access-Control

Is a good site but I'm looking for a place I can go locally. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards and Ace Hardware don't have it. I'm not sure who would but everyone downtown has one so they have to come from somewhere.

What I meant by separate systems was that a system to basically open the door - whether off a keypad entry or a pushbutton - is fairly easy, but proper access control where every access is logged and you can enforce restrictions for certain people in certain zones at certain times of day is far more complex. If you were going to need the latter, that system would need to be specified and designed first, and it would then be a simple matter to bolt pushbuttons and keypads onto it. From your diagram, however, it looks like you're thinking of something much simpler without all the logging etc.

I am trying to go the simple route on this one but I would love to know how to do that.

Useful Threads
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds