Skip to main content

configuring Dell Servers R320 and R720

More
10 years 3 months ago #38441 by Amer
Hi folks,

I have two issues:

1) I have 6 Dell PowerEdge R720 Servers and i have connected them directly without any switch to an Dell MD3200i storage array.

It has two modules on the Array and to the first module first four Servers are connected and to the second module another two servers are directly connected using an UTP cable.

I have the resource media with me.Its my first time can anyone please guide me towards configuring it such that it created one Lun for the storage accessible from all the 6 Dell PE R720 servers.

2) Can anybody show to how to do NCI teaming on windows server 2008 standard R2 SP1 on the Dell PowerEdge R320 and R720 Server. :huh:

Aim for the moon dun worry even if you miss it,you'll land amongst the stars...
More
10 years 2 months ago #38448 by Chojin
For teaming you have multiple setups.. you can use redundant interfaces where multiple interfaces are configured as backup, or you can channel them using LaCP, 802.3ad.

For the last one you would also need a capable switch handling this as port-channel.

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #38450 by Nevins
Hello Amer,

I'm not trying to be patronizing but... I read:

"directly without any switch"

So I'm wondering if you are using the correct cable?

At any rate if you plan on doing NIC teaming a Switch is most likely a good idea.

This is 2012 but I imagine it's nearly the same with 08"(if not there is a youtube for it I'm sure)

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Nevins.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds