More
16 years 6 months ago #23431 by sose
ubuntu or suse was created by sose
I am contemplating installing ubuntu or suse

need some advice
More
16 years 6 months ago #23444 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
I've been very taken by the new Ubuntu distro. Lots of good stuff and the community is very active.

BUT... What you're using it for is a much more important factor. Home use? Small office? Just learning? New servers for a big company just starting out with linux?
More
16 years 6 months ago #23445 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
I use Ubuntu. I have tried multiple distros and they all seem pretty much the same to me except for the custom secuity builds like BackTrack, Knoppix, etc.
More
16 years 6 months ago #23462 by dogalpha
Replied by dogalpha on topic UBUNTU
I have UBUNTU 7.4 installed on 2 machines right now.

1 is hard wired and I am impressed with their OS.

The other is wireless with a dual boot w/XP. But I am having a heck of a time getting the wireless to connect.

If I could get a wireless connection I would totally wipe XP. This is a great OS for someone like me that doesn't know a lot of linux.

UBUNTU 7.10 is to be released in 7 days, they have added a lot of features... Here is the link for the Beta. www.ubuntu.com/testing/gutsybeta
More
16 years 3 months ago #24461 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
Ubuntu is kick ass. but dos have a few compatibility issues that you may want to look into before you download it. It is very similiar to windows as well so easier to use. If you do download it when you go to install dont forget to install it under 16 bit by pressing F4. If you dont you will get a weird boot screen and will not be able to do anything.
More
15 years 11 months ago #26006 by derk
Replied by derk on topic Re: ubuntu or suse
hello everybody :D

just got a new laptop and i've partitioned the 80Gb HDD into two.
I've installed XP SP2 on my first partition and leave the second blank.
I want to install Ubuntu on my second partition but I'm worried about the drivers. It might not work on my machine. Any precious advice??
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds