Skip to main content

Install Mac on PC

More
18 years 7 months ago #9778 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Install Mac on PC
This is something I'm dying to do.. I've heard about PearPC, but I don't know whether it works natively or how the heck it deals with an x86 architecture instead of PowerPC...

Anyone care to shed light?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
18 years 7 months ago #9788 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Install Mac on PC
PearPC is worth using only in order to get familiar with the Mac OS X interface. It works in windows or linux and allows you to install Mac OS X but only that, not any programs (from my experience). If anyone is interested i would advise him to try the osx86 project, or even better buy a Mac mini :)
By the way, Mac OS X is sweeeeeet.....
More
18 years 7 months ago #9790 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Install Mac on PC
nnbnbPearPC is basically a PowerPC emulator which runs on Windows and *nix and can host Mac OS X, Darwin and Mandrake for the PowerPC.

However, as I mentioned in an earlier post, with the move of Apple to the x86 platform and the ( osx86project.org/ ) project which shows you how to run Mac OS X natively on non-Apple x86 hardware, the future of PearPC seems unclear.

Edit:

Oops! Sorry, The_Berzerker's post just slipped in before mine but we're both saying the same thing.
More
18 years 7 months ago #9791 by MaXiMuS
Replied by MaXiMuS on topic Re: Install Mac on PC
The Apple Developer kit version of MacOSX x86 was indeed cracked and videos of the OS running on an Intel machine were posted on the Internet.

Here is a link providing a detailed guide on how to install Mac OS X86 on your PC.

www.xplodenet.com/blog/?page_id=11
More
18 years 7 months ago #9887 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Linux on a apple system
Hey guys,

i have an apple powerbook and i would like to know is it possible to install a linux on it. has is ever been done.

Lindows
More
18 years 7 months ago #9900 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Install Mac on PC
Although you could google it to find the available distros for power pcs, here is a little help. A lot of the distros are available for power pcs, the most known is Yellow Dog Linux, but you could also try Ubuntu.
Hope i helped, here are the links
www.ubuntulinux.org/
www.yellowdoglinux.com/
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds