Skip to main content

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

More
14 years 6 months ago #31875 by ZiPPy
Yes, this will definitely be apparent with larger files. If you do a side by side test, you will see a difference in the smaller files >2GB

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 6 months ago #31921 by sahirh
I've been running Snow Leopard since the gold master and it's fantastic. Lots of little changes. The whole system is snappier and faster. The services menu is really great for automating stuff, and the new expose features are great.

My installation path was Tiger upgraded to Leopard and now upgraded to SL. None of that bloat feeling that you would get with a Windows upgrade (do we ever even consider such a thing?). Also, I got back about 10Gb of disk space after installing Snow Leopard.

Can't recommend it higher. Install it.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #31927 by The_Berzerker
Guys I will install this weekend :)
Will be upgrading my HD too so will do a clean install!

Btw Parallels has extensively tested their app and seems to be working fine.

Will post updates this weekend
More
14 years 6 months ago #31948 by ZiPPy
I will be following shortly too. I simply can't resist, especially after Sahir's recommendation and I have a feeling The_Berzerker is going to be pleased too.

I was eye-balling a MacBook Pro the other day and thought ...wow! Snow Leopard would be so nice on it. Time to start saving for that beauty.

I'm dying to check out that Exchange support!!!!

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 6 months ago #32093 by KiLLaBeE
Hey guys,
I went on and made the upgrade a few days ago. After the upgrade was done, the first thing I checked was whether the install really did free up disk space…and it did! How incredible is that, an upgrade that gives you system resources back after it improves the system's performance? Can't tell you how long I've been wanting to see that!

Probably the most impressive change I've observed is the change to the Expose. Now you can zoom in by putting your mouse over one of the windows and pressing the space bar. This is very helpful when you have many windows open. The Expose also has a more organize and consistent look too.

The next major change I noticed was to Quicktime…because it's borderless! Very impressive.

I also noticed that the system shuts down faster and Safari loads faster. TextEdit also fixes typos automatically…very convenient.

As Sahirh said…lots of little changes.
More
14 years 6 months ago #32122 by ZiPPy
I have also upgraded to Snow Leopard and I absolutely love it!! The new features are so rich and intuitive.

Quicktime looks and runs absolutly beautifully. I love the borderless look too, as well as the option to switch between video ratio's. Some of my movies I have downloaded are in the 4:3 ratio. QT gives you the option to switch between the two.

KiLLabeE is dead on about Expose, it is very impressive. I have Expose set for spring launch off my Mighty mouse. Very convenient.

I love that fact that it can connect to Exchange out-of-the-box. I will be building an Exchange server soon to take advantage of this feature.

I just love the look, feel, speed of Snow Leopard!! I'm very happy I upgraded. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

Cheers mates,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds