Skip to main content

Audio Streaming

More
20 years 10 months ago #495 by alan
Audio Streaming was created by alan
Hi,

I would like to get information about multicast audio streaming. I read that in order to deliver content as a multicast stream, your router must be multicast-enabled, meaning that they can transmit class D ip addresses. Does that mean I need to obtain a Class D ip address for both my router and my streaming server?? Does that mean a regular public ip addresses can't be used to deliver content as a multicast stream?? Can anyone give me more details about that, thank you.

Alan
More
20 years 10 months ago #496 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Audio Streaming
Alan,

Multicast Audio streaming is definitely not a subject you can analyse in a few paragraphs, but also is very interesting because of the methods it uses to achieve its results.

Funny enough, there was a question put about IGMP, which stands for Internet Group Management Protocol, and this also happens to be the answer to your question.

This protocol unfortunately hasn't been analysed as yet, but be sure to see it taken to pieces sometime in the near future.

Thought I cannot give you direct answers to your question, I would advise you read up on the responses given about IGMP and also try to do a little research in order to find the answer you are after.

If there is anyone else that cana throw some input, I would very interested in reading it.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds