Skip to main content

The new firewall.cx

More
12 years 6 months ago #37509 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: The new firewall.cx
Arani,

The major issue we experienced with the initial version of our Cisco lab was the resetting procedure of the equipment after a user's session had ended.

In short, we need a daemon that will be running under Linux that will perform a number of tasks such as :

1) User database lookup from a calendar / scheduling system
2) Compare the date and time of booked session and modify access lists to allow access to the lab
3) Automatically disconnect user once time is up
4) Automatically initiate password recovery procedure
5) Prepare lab for next user.

The above provides a small insight to the complexity involved. Obviously in the event we decided to give it another go, we would try and simplify things as much as possible to make it as easy we can for the programmer that will undertake the task.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 6 months ago #37510 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Re: The new firewall.cx
Hi Chris

Looks pretty heavy duty from my end. And here I was thinking maybe I could contribute in bringing it back online with my limited programming skills. I've got experience, however they are all on Windows based platforms. Never made a daemon and never worked on the Linux platforms (my mind has some sort of open-source apartheid !!! )

Well, there's always something new to learn. Hopefully by the time you deem it prudent to revive the lab, I might be of some assistance to you, provided I have spruced up my programming skills to qualify.

Hoping for the best for both of us

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 6 months ago #37511 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: The new firewall.cx
If there are available labs, why not have it linked to this site
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds