Skip to main content

The new firewall.cx

More
12 years 6 months ago #37501 by sose
The new firewall.cx was created by sose
There is a particular dislike I have about the old firewall.cx. Any time it happened to me, I will promise to strangle Chris when we meet, luckily for him, I am a very forgetful person. Here it is:
Every time I try to navigate my mouse to the HOME button, my mouse moves across the NETWORKING RESOURCES button, before I can escape the NETWORKING RESOURCES to HOME I loose 5 seconds which I never get back again. Thank God now they have been aligned horizontally
More
12 years 6 months ago #37503 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: The new firewall.cx
Thank Goodness we got that one fixed - I guess I'm lucky now :)

But do tell us also what you like about the New Firewall.cx :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 6 months ago #37504 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Re: The new firewall.cx
That would have been one long trek for Sose. Thank god Chris you sorted that one out!!!

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 6 months ago #37505 by Arani
Hi Chris

On a different note. Any plans of reviving the Cisco Lab? I'm sure quite a few old and some new members are perhaps thinking of the same question.

Cheers

More
12 years 6 months ago #37506 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: The new firewall.cx
Arani,

Ohh,, I was hoping the Cisco lab topic wouldn't come up :)

At this point, it is extremely difficult to say. In order to get the lab up and running, we need to find a programmer/coder who will be willing to contribute his time so we can overcome the pitfalls from the previous lab. I have the whole project analysed, however, implementing it will require dedication and patience!

On the other hand, there are a number of simulators out there that do a really great job, so there's the question - why spend time and money on something that is already available?

It's all not that clear to me either, however we agreed to hibernate the project and see a few months down the track what options are available.

We are still in hibernation mode, but it would be interesting to hear what our community would like. More quality articles on Networking & Cisco technologies, or the Cisco Lab?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 6 months ago #37507 by Arani
When you say you need a programmer/coder, what type of programming skills are you looking for?

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds