He did allot.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #37495 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Steve Jobs Died
Yep. He was an innovator, a visionary and a fine engineer who designed excellent kit and made a massive contribution to the world of consumer electronics and almost single-handedly kick-started the modern online lifestyle.
And he was also a very shrewd and successful marketeer and businessman. His brand is now so powerful that owning his products is almost like a religion, and has managed to persuade millions to accept - and even love - a level of supplier lock-in that in any other situation would be considered totally outrageous.
Yes, a genius indeed; and a man that history will not quickly forget. It will be a struggle to find someone else to fill those shoes.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by TheBishop. Reason: Spelling error
More
12 years 5 months ago #37496 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Steve Jobs Died
I am surprise to learn that he is originally from Syria, when people go to the US, if they are hardworking they can prosper like any other American
More
12 years 5 months ago #37497 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Steve Jobs Died
According to the bio I read he was born in the US to a middle-eastern father and an American girl, both young students, and because times were repressed back then he was given away at birth and adopted. Just goes to show that your past need not define your future.
More
12 years 5 months ago #37499 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Steve Jobs Died
He is great indeed but Mr Gates is still the greatest in the computer world
More
12 years 5 months ago #37500 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Steve Jobs Died
There are two documentary movies that look to some of all those guys past. Bill gates, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Steve Ballmer and all the rest. The two movies are "Triumph of the Nerds" and "Pirates of Silicon Vally" (Not the Caribbean ;) ). Both are on YouTube I guess.

I really liked "Triumph of the Nerds". It Details allot. Steve Jobs looked like a handsome actor back then.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds