Skip to main content

Cisco VPN

More
12 years 7 months ago #37323 by next_virus
Cisco VPN was created by next_virus
Hi All,

Today, I was reading the VPN article.

www.firewall.cx/tk-cisco-routers-vpnclient.php

Before going through this article I was not aware that we can surf net & access VPN client, both at the same time through split tunneling. Thanks Firewall.
I also have a query that why companies doesn't use split tunneling. Due to speed, security or any other reasons.

Regards
More
12 years 7 months ago #37328 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Cisco VPN
Yes, split tunneling is great; I love it. The key to setting it up properly is to get the access lists right. Make a mistake there and you'll chase your tail for ages (speaking from experience...)
As to why companies don't use it, basically if you've got split tunneling then you can be connected to your workplace's secure network and to the internet at the same time. This increases the risk of something getting from the internet onto your company's network via your PC, effectively bypassing all the firewalls, router acls, proxies and goodness knows what else they have protected their main internet connection with. For that reason a lot of organisations say you can use either the VPN or the internet but you can't have both at the same time.
More
12 years 7 months ago #37329 by next_virus
Replied by next_virus on topic Re: Cisco VPN
Thanks Bishop
More
12 years 7 months ago #37338 by jester
Replied by jester on topic Re: Cisco VPN
I was also having the same doubt, thanks to next_virus and Bishop :) :)
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds