Skip to main content

Cyber Security

More
13 years 9 months ago #34919 by E_Money
More
13 years 9 months ago #34923 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Makes such depressing read. Honestly, what else in the name of security will be bridled??
You just cannot reign a media like the internet to your liking. So much for freedom of expression. Sanctions against internet will never be the solution. The article is a clear example of how it is similar to certain recent blocking of websites in certain countries. That was done like a knee-jerk reaction. How is this not similar to that?

C'mon guys chaining the internet is not the solution. The solution is educating people to make their own choices, the right choices, strengthening the security systems, staying one step ahead. Don't ban the game because you don't like some of the players!!!

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 9 months ago #34926 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: ...

Don't ban the game because you don't like some of the players!!!

Well said Arani, Big brother is coming back I guess. I think it's sad that it has come to this, specially that ID token. If a government has to know when, where and where I go using the internet. I guess the next step is them knowing when and where I go down the street.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 9 months ago #34928 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: Cyber Security
Don't get me wrong I'm deeply distrustful of our government and would not put it past them but I really do not think that site is always credible. Are there any legitimate sources for this?

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
13 years 9 months ago #34999 by donanak
Replied by donanak on topic Re: Cyber Security
Well said Arani.

In my opinion control and regulation is being taken to the next level.

I wonder which standard this will be based. (ISO, COBIT, TOGAF...?) or there will be a new standard. It well about time a new one came out; don't you guys think so?

S0lo's signature says it all:

One problem to their solution - let's wait to see a senators ID 'Token' on the logs of some 'p0rn' site. (that'll be lulz)

Solution to your privacy issues to their solution of ID 'Token' - is to ssh out to a box in the Eastern European countries and browse from there."

This news is just pathetic!!! :x

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds