Skip to main content

Life and Suspended animation

More
13 years 11 months ago #34345 by S0lo
Scientists claim to have been able to suspend some animals life activities, where all observable life processes are stopped, the animals do not move nor breathe and the heart does not beat for a period of time, and then reactivate them again!!

All here:

labs.fhcrc.org/roth/

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 11 months ago #34346 by TheBishop
I've been observing similar effects for years. There are several staff at my place whose life processes seem to stop while at work but miraculously revive again each evening
More
13 years 11 months ago #34347 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic Conclusion...l
So what conclusions can we draw from this. I am puzzled on the freezing of Animals.

Bishop i think most Type A personalities often experience the process shutdown and revive later.

crazy world...

whats next..

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
13 years 11 months ago #34349 by Nevins
Sounds cool but... I'm fairly certain that the suspended animation he's talking about is also known as a coma.

MSDS excerpt for hydrogen sulfide:

Toxicology

Highly toxic - may be fatal if inhaled. Inhalation of a single breath at a concentration of 1000 ppm ( 0.1% ) may cause coma. Corrosive when moist. Skin contact may cause burns. There is a rapid loss of sense of smell on exposure to gas concentrations above 150 ppm, and this means that the extent of exposure may be underestimated. Perception threshold ranges from 0.5 ppt to 0.1 ppm. Irritant. Asphyxiant.

I'm guessing the concentration is toned down quite significantly because it's basically like battery acid. Much like gargling with hydrogen peroxide you can do it but you have to watch how much you use because otherwise.... you'll die. Mr. Roth is basically talking about extreme anesthesia where in order to save someone from being killed... he almost kills them first.

I can see the use for this in dire situations but no doubt will there be side effects from hydrogen sulfide what the effects are and if they are long term only time will tell. Its worth looking into.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
13 years 11 months ago #34391 by Nevins
I kind of laughed at this recently found blog post after realizing that the under water river so many people flock to in mexico is actually just hydrogen sulfide:

www.binscorner.com/pages/a/amazing-under...river-in-mexico.html

Best known for it's toxic admissions and being heavily related to sewage.

Check out that picture... that guy is basically happy about swimming in very deadly fecal byproduct.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
13 years 11 months ago #34394 by TheBishop
Just looking at that picture of it says "stay away!" to me. Something that looks and is so unnatural simply can't be good for you.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds