Skip to main content

Future of IT people?

More
14 years 2 months ago #33349 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: Future of IT people?
@sose it could be true that it opens new opportunities but there is no sign yet!

@TheBishop cloud computing mostly concerns data centers, of course network items you mentioned still have to be there but no one can deny that each day configuring and installing network related equipments are becoming easier and easier which may sound good in one way but not in job opportunities view.

@talk2sp thanks :wink:

Actually after reading some articles from different sources, there are concerns that cloud computing will eat jobs but also there more concerns regarding security issues specially after google's gmail (which is on the cloud) had been hacked, so thanks security.

Cheers,

always Face your Fears...
More
14 years 2 months ago #33367 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: Future of IT people?

always Face your Fears...
More
14 years 1 month ago #33488 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: Future of IT people?
Technology always gets "easier and cheaper" even networking will one day not require someone to lay the lines.

I recently seen a project in which 2 atom groups were quantum entanglement was attempted. Sure it failed pretty badly but the point is you never know when the next technological break though will happen and kill off the need for old technology.

But for a moment lets look at the possibility that the project did work. The applications in my mind are three main things including energy, communications and remote processing. As far as communications go there would be no need for lines as everything could be done from across the universe faster than light. Ethernet would be obsolete and routers in general would be cut from a massive number to one large centralized connection point. Cutting out 99.99% of the communications field.

But on the plus side there is always something else and the people in the know will make the transition to something else because generally speaking IT personal are pretty dam intellectually agile.

You have to have the mind set that IT won't die because it's been around longer then we give it credit. Historically technically inclined have always found themselves doing something.

Cavemen had their wheel makers.
Early romans had their road designers.
Karl Benz gave us the car.
The wright brothers gave us the plane.
And today we put rockets into space.

My point is there is always something that is "NEXT" and if getting to the next thing puts me out of a job then so be it. I'll work on the next thing.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 1 month ago #33494 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic i quite......
Nice argument u got there nevins.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds