Skip to main content

difference between tactic and strategy

More
14 years 4 months ago #33072 by sose
Please if there are english people among us they should tell us the difference between tactic and strategy
More
14 years 4 months ago #33075 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic sure u could...
Sose sure u could digg up the real definition in Oxford Dictionary but i can help with the explanation.

Tactic - Someone's Approach to something. E.g. Federal Agents are on Tactical Mission to Sose's House.

Strategy - Someone's Way to achieving that approach. E.g. Federal Agents Mounted Sniper Agents On the roof of Sose's House while other agents forced the doors Open. Some other agents handled the Scareware he tried to re - create. (thats the strategy in which they moved in on Sose)

Bringing it back to the purpose of this site,

Tactic em we can say ur tactic / approach to Network problem solving.

Strategy we could say the methods u used.

well well well my first lang is not English but i always had a Higher B in English Exams. Will take Toefl next year hopefully.

C0DE - 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 4 months ago #33096 by sose
TRY AN MAKE HIGHER As

actually I am not trying to relate it to networking. but that is a good explanation
More
14 years 4 months ago #33105 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic well....
Sose u funny. Well u knw sometimes it's not the students fault but the lecturers fault. Stay well man happy holidays.

C0DE - 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 4 months ago #33111 by TheBishop
The way I see it:
Strategy is a long-term plan you've decided to follow for dealing with something or achieving something. For example, your strategy for becoming a top network engineer might be to get CCNA then three years of experience then CCNP etc etc.
Tactic is a shorter-term method you use for achieving some element of your strategy. For example, to maximise your changes of success on the CCNA you buy a revision guide, test software and spend lots of time reading the articles on Firewall.cx
In other words, a tactic is something you use to win a battle, but strategy is the war
More
14 years 4 months ago #33112 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic all hail...
All hail the English Man from Manchester, England. Lol... Lol.

Nice explanation TheBishop.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds