Skip to main content

Do you feel safe when connecting to the Internet ?

More
21 years 7 months ago #46 by Chris
I would like to find out how people feel in terms of security and privacy when they are connected to the Internet.

Regardless if you are running firewall software or not, do you feel safe online ? and why ?

Cheers,
[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
21 years 6 months ago #47 by Einstein
I have a Constant connection to the internet. My Windows 98 (i'm not proud of the os) has been connected for 2 years now basically non stop and noone has entered or stolen my information. I don't have a firewall and i understand all that goes on in my machine. My answer is the i feel confortable. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
More
21 years 5 months ago #48 by d_adamsaust
I try to use MS ISA as a firewall for my home internet connection not so much to stop hackers(why would they pick on me, there must be bigger and more interseting targets out in cyberspace)but to stop my tight ISP from finding out that I share the connection with 5 computers. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
More
21 years 5 months ago #49 by MTHOME
I am very carefull when on the internet becase while there is nothing on my computer hackers would want there is my system its self and 75% of hackers just want to use your system to attack others. The worst part of that is that if they try to track down the hacker they will end up finding you instead and some times you can be blamed for something you did not do. I have a Hardware router with a firewall plus a software firewall to help insure protection.
More
21 years 4 months ago #50 by iraklis
I feel rather uncomfortable putting valuable information on-line over the internet, but as long as there are brave and awesome systems and networks administrators around, like somebody I know, I have no worries. Cheers Chris! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
More
21 years 3 months ago #51 by Manip
-Security
-Stability
-Speed

All need to be equal for a good network, if one is higher than another then it's not a good network.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds