Skip to main content

Cookies problem within a LinkSys router

More
21 years 4 days ago #367 by TekXombie
I'm currently a networking student out in Michigan and I'm having a problem that's stumped even my own teacher. Perhaps someone can help me. It's not a big deal but it's a hassle to my father. We've got two computers networked, his is running on 98. His cookies are enabled but any site that requires the fact that they're enabled, sees them as not. Is there anyway to solve this? Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm thinking I might be able to fix it with Port Forwarding but I'm not sure how.

Technology Loves Misery
More
21 years 3 days ago #368 by Chris
Assuming your father is using IE, try updating to the latest available version ... you will be amazing the problems it will fix .. and introduce [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
21 years 3 days ago #369 by TekXombie
I can't believe I didn't think of that...

Technology Loves Misery
More
21 years 2 days ago #370 by Manip
Sarcasm is not well received [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
More
21 years 2 days ago #371 by TekXombie
Actually, I was making fun of myself because I actually didn't think of that. Guess typing can be taken the wrong way sometimes. Either way.. it didn't help [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Technology Loves Misery
More
20 years 5 months ago #748 by sahirh
I don't see the connection with cookies and the router... if traffic is reaching his machine, then the cookies should be working as well...
As a networking student are you sure you aren't overlooking something non-network related ;) if he uses some sort of personal firewall, they usually can block cookies (i know zonealarm with web filtering does).

Perhaps you could sniff the traffic going back and forth and you might see something that is the problem..

alternatively, try this.. find a machine that you know is accepting cookies, and plug your dad's network connection into it.. see what happens..

I've heard of some straight through cable vendors implementing the new RFC-9999 cookie filtering right in the physical cable !! :) just kidding.

Post your results, this is an interesting problem.

Good Luck,
Sahir.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds