Skip to main content

Cisco 827H with 12.2(15)T5 IPSEC functions??

More
20 years 8 months ago #363 by Ben
Hey all,

I just got hold of a cisco 827h the other day which I have setup and got running nicely at the moment(in fact im typing this through it), it's IOS is 12.2(15)T5, my question is about VPN capabilities as i'm not 100% familiar with these, I can get IPSEC between two of them with a shared key working but is it possible to set it up as an IPSEC server or PPTP... and accept incoming VPN tunnels from either internal or external IP's??

Thanx ppl

Ben

Note to editor: Congrats on an awesome webpage, I can see my self coming here a lot! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

sh int brain, brain is down
More
20 years 8 months ago #364 by Chris
Ben,

Though I haven't dealt with setting up IPSec servers or PPTP on a Cisco router, I am sure if what your trying to do is possible.

One thing is certain, it would depend on your Cisco IOS for sure, and maybe on the type of router you have. I haven't used a 827 before, but you can certainly check on Cisco's website and do some key word searching like "827 IPSEC" or "827 pptp" and see what you come up with.

I've found Cisco's website to be a goldmine of information when trying to figure out complex problems or questions.

If I come across any other information that might help you, I;ll let you know.

You can also try visiting a good friend's website, www.packetattack.com which contains alot of information on cisco routers.

p.s This website is awesome because the people who visit it and contribute are awesome!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds