Skip to main content

How to send email to China ?

More
13 years 11 months ago #34074 by htetnaing
Hi everyone,

Apologize if this topic doesn't belong here. I couldn't find anywhere better . My boss asked me to do this task. We have a huge list of users mostly from China, probably thousands of them. We have been receiving a lot of complaints from them that they can't receive our notification emails about our new products. I guess we are facing with this "the great firewall of china". So, is there anyway that we could send emails to those people living inside China without causing any problems ? I know there's no one solution that fits all for this case. I would be appreciate if anybody could give me a lead on this issue. It's like If we dun spam (they subscribe to us) their mailbox, we r getting spammed by 'em. Thanks all.

P.S If any of you had an idea about how they do the filtering process, please do share here so that we could learn it.

Regards :
More
13 years 11 months ago #34078 by S0lo
You could try to use a none common web email, because the big names like gmail, yahoo, hotmail and the like could have made deals on filtering to regulate things according to china's laws. I'm not sure about that, just a guess. The only, thing I'm almost sure off is that if the Chinese firewall is going to block on their own, they are going to block a website, web email all together, NOT granular filtering on every email.

So try to use a none common web email, or tell your users to do so. for example: www.hushmail.com/

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 11 months ago #34079 by htetnaing
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Just one thing that gets me confusing. How can I send a lot of email using that kinda free email service ? Is there any way to automate the task ? I mean any software ? Like umm I supplied a list of email address to send in a text file and it sends out automatically ? I'm not sure of what I'm doing here to be honest since our admin left the company and I'm taking over his role for the time being. Will be looking forward to any solution. Thanks
More
13 years 11 months ago #34085 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: How to automate the task ?

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Just one thing that gets me confusing. How can I send a lot of email using that kinda free email service ? Is there any way to automate the task ? I mean any software ? Like umm I supplied a list of email address to send in a text file and it sends out automatically ?

In the "To:" box, type all your customers emails separated by comas. This will send the email to all of them. And if you don't want them to see the emails, you can do this in the "bcc:" box instead of the "To:" box.

I hope that makes sence.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 11 months ago #34088 by next_virus
First creale group of all the mail id's. then write the name of the group in "bcc" box. It will make the task easier.

Not understand why China is so scared from rest of the world that he didn't allow any data to pass.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34089 by htetnaing
hehe. Thanks all. I totally forgot that I could send email just like I normally would. But if I just sent emails to a lot of recipients like thousand of them in one click, would my account get banned ? I mean I heard that email service provider like Google, does not allow one email account to send more than 100 emails at a time. Not sure, it's true or not but thanks for ya guys help. greatly appreciated.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds