Skip to main content

ISDN running configuration

More
15 years 6 days ago #30048 by SteveP
I'm struggling hard with ISDN and am due to take my ICND shortly. I know that ISDN is less important now than in previous days but I still need to know about it for the exam. Does anyone here have (or know of) a full running config file which shows a functional ISDN configuration? I've read about the various configuration commands (including DDR and profiles) and I need to commit them to memory. My course has only one router with an ISDN card and there's no simulator to allow multiple routers to connect together as if in a real ISDN network, so I can't "play" as I have done with PPP, Frame Relay or other configurations.

Thanks for your time.
More
15 years 6 days ago #30050 by SteveP
Since posting a little while ago, I've done some more searching and came across this: www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/tec...186a0080094091.shtml . I've no idea why this didn't appear in my previous searches!

I just wonder how important this sort of detail will be in the ICND. Has anyone taken it within the last 6 months or so? I'm quite prepared to sit down and commit the configuration commands, show ... and debug ... outputs to memory but I'd far rather spend time on things like NAT, DHCP, OSPF, EIGRP, FR, PPP, VLANS, VTP, STP etc., all of which seem much more important in a real life current network.

Is my view realistic or tarnished by my deep disliking of ISDN?
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds