Skip to main content

Static IP

More
15 years 7 months ago #27382 by glacier
Static IP was created by glacier
After many hours or research and many different configurations, I am now asking for help with a very frustrating issue that I am sure has a very simple answer.
I have 2 WAN connections, DSL and Satellite (both with static IP's). Previously I had been running a Web server and mail (Windows Server 2003)through my Sat. connection using Linksys 330N. When setting up the 330n with the static IP for the Sat. connection, I used the Static IP option in the router config, forwarded the ports to the server and had no issues connecting the the Website or mail when using either WAN connection.
I have now switched WAN connections and am now using the DSL (with static IP) for the Web & Mail server.
I tried using the same Static IP setup option on the 330n as I used for the Satellite connection. That did not work because the pppoe requires user and password and the router does not have the option to use a static IP with user and password ( the netgear FVS318 that it was setup on previously had this option). The router is connected to a ZOOM modem that is set to bridge mode.
I ended up using the pppoe option on the 330n. I can connect to the internet and the website and mail are working fine.
This is the issue I am having. I CAN connect to the Website and mail using a separate WAN connection (Satellite) with no issues. When I try to connect to the website & mail on the DSL ( which the mail & web server is running on) I can't connect to either. I am totally baffled. :?: :?:

Brief description of my setup:

DSL with static IP
Zoom ADSL Bridge Modem ( in bridge mode)
Linksys 330N router (pppoe setup)
Router has DHCP off and I use static IP on all PC's
Ports forwarded as required

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Glacier
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds