Skip to main content

IPv6

More
17 years 5 months ago #17238 by RA1313IT
IPv6 was created by RA1313IT
First of all I want to say that this site is one of the best! Awesome articles, great explanations!

Has anyone there at Firewall.cx thought about posting a How To on how IPv6 works?

I know it is still in development, but I see that Windows Vista is now shipping with it installed by default, and can forsee that many administrators will start using IPv6 addresses fairly soon in the future.

Thanks
More
17 years 5 months ago #17239 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic IP
hi,
what exactly do you want to know about IPv6?
cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
15 years 10 months ago #25966 by RA1313IT
Replied by RA1313IT on topic IPv6
I was recently at a conference, and one of the speakers was talking about how IPv6 is everywhere in the home in Europe and Asia, but the U.S. is slow to catch up. He was talking about how the SOHO routers (Linksys,DLink,Netgear, etc) support IPv6, and you just need a non-US firmware that supports IPv6.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it true? I mean, yes, obviously we are all going to have to move to IPv6, and to my knowledge, only large US ISP's backbone networks run IPv6. We haven't even got to the ISP's access network or even the home users network.

Thanks!
More
15 years 2 months ago #28966 by RA1313IT
Replied by RA1313IT on topic Re: IPv6
Is it true that most non-US networks are currently running IPv6? If I lived in Europe or Asia, and I plugged a Linksys Router into my DSL connection at home, would I most likely receive an IPv6 address?
More
15 years 2 months ago #28968 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: IPv6

Is it true that most non-US networks are currently running IPv6? If I lived in Europe or Asia, and I plugged a Linksys Router into my DSL connection at home, would I most likely receive an IPv6 address?

We don't have it hear in Kuwait and most of the gulf. I'm not sure about Europe. I read that developing countries such as India are adopting it since they don't have a large existing IPv4 infrastructure already that they have to worry about dismantling/upgrading it.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds