Skip to main content

cabling standard

More
20 years 10 months ago #110 by shiv
cabling standard was created by shiv
Dear Chris
Hi, I would like to know is there any cabling standard of (UTP Cat 5)except 568A & 568B through which we can increase the transmitting and receiving speed of data. If yes so please let us know.
Regards
Shiv Nath Sankhayan [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
More
20 years 10 months ago #111 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic cabling standard
Shiv,

Firstly, let me make a friendly note to try not to post questions directing them to me personally.

Reason for this is because it might avoid someone who can help you answer the question and secondly, this board would become a message portal between myself and everyone else, something I would like to avoid [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Coming now to your question, there is no cabling standard that will make your existing cat5 cable increase the speed between two nodes or devices.

If you had a highway and had a simple car running up and down the highway, then your asking how can you make it go faster. The answer would be to get a bigger engine in the car, or swap the car with a faster one.

Applying this to a network, would mean that you will need to get yourself faster network cards and possible switches IF your using such equipment.

Today's standard is 100Mbit networks, and with this in mind, the next step would be 1000Mbit networks. This is possible using Cat5 cable, IF the cable is not longer than 25 meters (from memory).

1000Mbit network cards use all 4 pairs within the CAT5 cable, each running at 250Mbits, giving you a total of 1000Mbits.

Gigabit Ethernet is another topic we are hoping to cover in the near future, but you can also find plently of information by doing a simple search on Google.com.

I hope this helped.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 9 months ago #112 by shiv
Replied by shiv on topic cabling standard
Chris
I have keep your friendly note in my mind. Thanks for your reply it will really help me a lot. Thanks
Regards
Shiv
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds