Skip to main content

Frequent Disconnection on Wifi Signal

More
13 years 3 months ago #35977 by EyJay
So yeah, i have a cheap router, it's a WL 150-RT [ 1 Wan Port, 4 LAN Port]. And a PPOE router coz i'm a dsl. So the way i configure my router is like have a twist.

I don't connect the cable from the PPOE router to the WAN Port, but i connect it on 1 of the 4 LAN Ports. Then 1 Cable from the Lan Port to the PC. Then booms, i can broadcast my wifi signal now. No errors since last month just by then.

I get frequent request time-out and network net unreachable error. As in frequent! I don't know what to do.
More
13 years 3 months ago #35988 by S0lo
I understand here that the PPPOE router is the one connected to your ADSL ISP (wall socket). And it has a LAN port which you connected to one of the WL 150-RT LAN ports. So the WAN port on the WL 150-RT is free.

If I'm correct, then the WL 150-RT is obviously running as LAN/switch access point (unless your doing routing on that too). A net unreachable error is usually generated from a router (not an access point) which is possibly your PPPOE. So I would direct my attention to checking PPPOE router, check the CPU usage and routing table there. If nothing works, try resting it to factory defaults and configure again.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 3 months ago #36003 by rizin
Hi Wise Ammar,

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that she looks extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

Uptill Now To how many woman you had asked them to close their lips so that they look extremely beautiful :wink: :)

Well back to the Subject.

Hi Eyjay,

As Ammar said the net unreachable error message is due to the problem of particular network or routing table in the router.

And a PPOE router coz i'm a dsl. So the way i configure my router is like have a twist.

according to the above message, can you please provide the details how you configured your router by hiding your IP Address, name and passwords.

Rizin

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
13 years 3 months ago #36006 by S0lo

Hi Wise Ammar,

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that she looks extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

Uptill Now To how many woman you had asked them to close their lips so that they look extremely beautiful :wink: :)

he he, NONE, I guess the question here is none out of how many :P

In fact I'm starting to think that it can be more offending than just telling her to stop talking. Because otherwise she would think that I lied to her just to keep her mouth shut.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 3 months ago #36024 by rizin
Well Fabricated answer ''NONE'' :lol: :D

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds