Skip to main content

Cisco Aironet WEP/WPA Keys

More
13 years 5 months ago #35687 by JamieP
Hi guys,

Im hoping someone can help...

We have a couple of cisco aironet devices at a remote site that we didnt know existed :S

we have no idea what the keys are, i can see what the SSID's are from the config, but the keys are encrypted. They have a 7 infront of them however the usual type 7 decoders dont seem to work.

Some of the SSID's use WEP some use WPA, does anyone know a way i can find out these keys from the AP's themselves? are their any show commands that might tell me, or is there a way to decode the keys?

Thanks!!!
Jamie

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
More
13 years 4 months ago #35693 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Cisco Aironet WEP/WPA Keys
If you can go into global config mode (configure terminal) via command prompt. You could just change the keys.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 4 months ago #35696 by beman
If you know Cisco IOS, it's just like a router or switch, If you can login to these WAP's if you know their IP address, you can get into config mode - config t - terminal and change the encrypted keys. :)
More
13 years 4 months ago #35708 by JamieP
i have full admin access to the AP's, but cant change the keys due to the logistics of reconfiguring all the devices connected to them. i did think of that unfortunatly and would be my prefered option but the powers that be say no :(

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
More
13 years 4 months ago #35709 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Cisco Aironet WEP/WPA Keys
If there are PCs connected to the APs, then you could possibly try a password recovery tool like CANE. It can brute force the hashes on the PC and hopefully recover the password. However, brute force takes CPU and a lot of time to succeed if it was a difficult password.

I know you can't, but it would probably be faster changing all those passwords on all connected devices :roll:

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 4 months ago #35714 by JamieP
unfortunaly the only devices connected are handheld bar code scanners, so cant brute force the keys, and changing them means shipping them from our warehouse in dubai to the UK to have them reflashed in our office.

nevermind, keep on trying :(

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds