Skip to main content

Intel Macs!

More
18 years 2 months ago #12770 by The_Berzerker
Intel Macs! was created by The_Berzerker
As some of you might know, the new Apple Macs featuring an Intel processor have been announced and are available through the AppleStores.
The first Mac to change is the iMac which now features an Intel Duo Core. A new laptop series has been announced also called MacBook Pro, which will replace the PowerBook.
Visit www.apple.com to find more information
Cheers
PS. I can't wait to get one of those new iMacs :D
More
18 years 2 months ago #12832 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: Intel Macs!
I plan on purchasing one as well just so I can run Final Cut Pro, the only application I plan on using.

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
17 years 7 months ago #16453 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Mac
Hey Guys,

I want to purchase a mac, so i can edit movie files. For example i want to add special effects to the film. Like lighting rods and fire. Do you guys know of any software that will satify my needes.

Lindows
More
17 years 6 months ago #16480 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Intel Macs!
Hey lindows
It really depends on the extent of editing that you want to do to the movie
For starters you can use iLife's iMovie which comes with a new mac and offers a great variety of tools and is easy to use and can cover every home user (I use it all the time;-)).
If you want to get into serious editing you would go with Final Cut which is a professional tool used by a lot of people in the movie industry, but it requires very good hardware and is very expensive.
There are also a couple of free apps tha offer video editing
Keep posting for more help

PS. Also Adobe after effects is easy to use and is available for mac
More
16 years 2 months ago #24545 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Intel Macs!
I'm going to attempt to bring this post back to life!

Did you guys end up getting your Mac's and video editing software? I have used iMovie and created a mini slideshow movie, but no video. I have read the specs on Final Cut Pro and wow! That is one powerful and in-depth program. Have you guys got to the point where the feed quality is noticeable in your videos? I was looking through a few video's my uncle made with various camera's, and I was surprised how much you can notice. But then I think about it and realize, its not different then the comparison of VHS to DVD to HD-DVD. Lately, I have really gotten interested in video (ie HD-DVD, 1080p, contrast ratio ect...) So, I'm curious which camera's you guys are using or would recommend. I know that when it comes to video editing this is where Mac shines!

Cheers,

ZiPPy
More
16 years 2 months ago #24566 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Intel Macs!
nnbnbVideo editing... Where can I begin :D

I actually got a new HD cam from Sanyo. It's a great piece of hardware, extremely small in size, takes HD video and stores it on an SDHC. The only drawback is lower quality at low light conditions, and a bit shaky, but for that you can use iStabilise. Here is the camera on amazon: www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-HD2-Definition-...ptical/dp/B000M51NOU

On to editing, I'm still using iMovie and still haven't tried the 08 version. I've read that it's very good for very quick editing but it has some drawbacks on editing. Final cut is still the king of video editing but don't forget that you need at least a top of the range iMac with loads of mem to run it smoothly. I guess a Mac Pro would be better for that.

Harry
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds