Skip to main content

CCNA LAB HARDWARE

More
13 years 11 months ago #34552 by jsmith19
CCNA LAB HARDWARE was created by jsmith19
Hello I am buying 2 Cisco 2620 Routers and 1 Cisco 2924 Switch
for my home Lab .

Can you guys tell me if I made a good choice for the routers and switch.

I also am not comfortable using simulators , which is why i am buying the hardware.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34553 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Hardware
Hi there
Good choice on hardware, I recently got myself a Cisco 2501 and a 2612 router, along with a 3548 switch. Same intention, practice stuff instead of doing half baked things on the simulators.
So good start, well done. Hope you can complete your setup soon enough to start practicing.
I think it would be better if you post such issues in the installation design and troubleshooting section instead of this one. That's where I put my queries in.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 11 months ago #34555 by jsmith19
Replied by jsmith19 on topic Re: CCNA LAB HARDWARE
thanks for the reply
More
13 years 11 months ago #34585 by Digidoo
Replied by Digidoo on topic Re: Hardware
Hey,

that is a pretty good start as simulators don't really supply a good start in terms of gaining confidence when setting up routers. It is like learning how to drive a car and once you get to know it you then have the confidence to drive.

Setting up configuring routers is jus same as driving a car for the first time. I no longer have to rely on simulaters to give me confidence to setup routers. Better to do it in a real world scenerio than virtual stuff.

Digidoo

:wink:
More
13 years 11 months ago #34587 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Hi there,
It's really important on having the real hands-on experience with the kit. The simulators won't teach you why you shouldn't erase your switch's flash and reset the switch before uploading a new IOS, or how to upload IOS using xmodem process, or how to recover a router which is only booting in 'boot' mode. There are so many other scenarios.

The fact that you can set up something like I have, so cheap, makes it even more lucrative.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 11 months ago #34599 by jsmith19
Replied by jsmith19 on topic Thanx for the input guys.
I just ordered the hardware today from www.cablesandkits.com

I really got a good deal , 2 cisco 2620 routers which comes with the console cable plus the 2924 switch and also the DCE cable for connecting the routers together all for $115 + free shipping.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds