Skip to main content

How to configure Etherchannel

More
14 years 2 months ago #33777 by prusso69
Hello,

I'm looking for some help on how to configure an etherchannel between a 2960 and 3560 switch in packet tracer. I found some Cisco documentation and followed it closely but when I tried to ping across the network it failed. Prior to configuring the etherchannel I was able to ping across the network. Does anyone have some basic document on how to configure this?

Thanks!
More
13 years 11 months ago #34381 by khaledin
Hi ether-channel is bundling physical ports into one logical port, to configure ether-channel in global configuration mode create a port-channel interface syntax is "interface port-channel number(1)
then assingn ip address and subnet mask to ether-channel then go to the interfaces you want them to participate in ether-channel example fa0/1 go to interface fa0/a and add this interface to ether-channel with help of command channel-group 1 mode desirable

note that physical interface should not be configured with ip address
More
13 years 11 months ago #34382 by TheBishop
A good way to approach this sort of thing is to break the problem into bite-sized pieces. First just get a single link working between the two systems, which I think you've already done. Then do a shutdown on that interface and get the second link working. You are now sure you have two links between the systems and that both work on their own. Now if you apply the etherchannel config you can be sure if you have trouble that it is somewhere in the way you have set it up
More
13 years 10 months ago #34668 by JamieP
I have never really been able to get etherchannel to work correctly in packettracer, you can put in the config, and get some practice that way, but it wont behave as it would on real kit.

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds