Skip to main content

Eigrp Issue - Topology table doesnt translate into routing

More
14 years 1 month ago #33692 by Royh
Hi guys
im new to this website.
Im currently studying for the ccnp certification , as a simulator im using Packet tracer 5.2 ( Gns keeps on strangling my cpu ... )
my problem is that
i am trying to configure unequal load balancing
i have done the following steps
configuring interfaces for diffrent bw soo they will be considered unequal ( bw 1000 kb vs 1500 kb )
i have issued variance 2 ( and after that 2-3-4-5 .. ) to make the path load balance based on on the multiplier.

now here is the strange thing
when i go into the eigrp topology table i see 2 succecesors for this route
when i go into the routing table , i only see one
Sad but true .. i have already tried to reboot the router
but this is kicking me in the face.
i also made sure that the metrics are according to the variance rule
i also "sniffed"(using PT) and saw that the router who is supposed to load balance, isnt really load balancing

Anyone got a solution ?:)

Edit:
just to toss another problem to the mix
just to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong , i built a new topology , made sure all the bw are equal on the paths and made sure equal load balancing is working
then i reduced the bw on on of the interfaces, and it would still load balance .. equally .. i tried to lower the bw on the router from the other side on the path , still no luck :S

what am i doing wrong here ?
isnt playing with the bw(is it me or does that sounds really nasty?) should be enough to influence eigrp path selection ?

Thanks in Advance !

Roy
More
14 years 1 month ago #33702 by Perlhack
Posting a diagram of the network along with what router is being modified, and show ip eigrp topology, sh ip route <network> would help.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds