Skip to main content

Unable to get past a "User Access Verification" pa

More
16 years 7 months ago #23142 by Crockett
Hi guys! The past hour or so is my first time to attempt to login to lab 1 and I'm having difficulty telnetting to router 1 at port 2002. The problem I'm having is I'm being asked a "User Access Verification" password which I understand the system is not supposed to do when we first login to the lab's equipment.

I'll appreciate very much your help in resetting the system so that I can login. In the meantime, since I have reserved lab 1 for the next few hours, will this be taken against me? Again, thanks for your help and I look forward to getting past this problem and using your wonderful website.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23150 by TheBishop
Hello Crockett, sorry you've been having trouble. Chris will reset the lab as soon as he can. And don't worry about the reservation, there's no maximum allowance although we do watch to make sure nobody is abusing this free service
More
15 years 6 months ago #27644 by ZiPPy
I did a Google search on "User Access Verification" and was led to this forum post here on f.cx.

I am currently having trouble accessing a Cisco 3600 router. I am prompted with the User Access Verification password. An old network administrator changed the password before leaving the company and never told anybody what he changed it too. Now it is not imperative that retain the router settings, but I would prefer too.

I have followed the procedure to recover a lost password on a Cisco 3600 and 3800 series router.

Now after successfully completing the step-by-step procedure I am still not able to access the router. Did I configure a different interface? Can each interface be configured with a different password?

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 6 months ago #27652 by S0lo
I've got a 3620. I believe there are NO login passwords per interfaces. There is a console password, an enable password/secret and a telnet terminal password.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 6 months ago #27653 by ZiPPy
You are correct S0lo! I came back this morning and tried to access the router and was able to get in with the default password I had set. Now I was under the impression that I was only changing the router password and nothing else. The router got set back to default and all settings were lost.

I boot into ROMMON and type in confreg 0x2142 at the ROMMON 1> prompt in order to boot from Flash. This basically bypasses the statup configuration which is where the password is stored.

Next i type in reset at the ROMMON 2> prompt.

I was under the impression that this reset would only affect the configuration register 0x2142.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 6 months ago #27663 by S0lo
Good!!

The router got set back to default and all settings were lost.

Well thats a bit unfortunate. The usual ROMMON procedure should only reset the password!!.

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/...186a0080094774.shtml

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds