Skip to main content

I can`t start Ciscolab.

More
16 years 11 months ago #21457 by tvirem
I have such problem like Shadow1550.
When I tried to start the lab session I received the following error message:

PORT: 2001 PORT: 2002

Retrieving your Cisco Lab details... (Check mark)

Dynamic firewall modification for your IP address ..... (X error)

Error: We're sorry, but we are currently experiencing technical diffculties concerning the firewall. Please contact an administrator.

What does this mean and what should I do?
More
16 years 11 months ago #21463 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: I can`t start Ciscolab.
Looks like someone's not followed the guidelines and changed the secret/enable passwords.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21482 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: I can`t start Ciscolab.
We've had these problems since the launch of our lab.

90% of the problems encountered are due to users failing to follow our guidelines.

Because this is a major problem, we are already working on a solution which should be ready (if all goes well) within the next week or two.

The new solution will ensure that all equipment are reset, regardless of the secret password the user selects. Its a very complex procedure, but we've decided to proceed this way because its the only option if we want to provide full access to our equipment.

We kindly ask for your patience, as this issue was totally out of our control as you can understand.

Once the new 'lab reset' method is in place, we will also look into opening the second Cisco lab.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
16 years 5 months ago #23870 by nano
Replied by nano on topic Re: I can`t start Ciscolab.
Understand that some of the folks have a hard time following directions.

Beside that being the cause of the Port: 2001 Port: 2002 error ~ are there any firewall ACL requirements on my end that may cause connectivity problems with the lab? I am using a deny any/any ACL with a few holes punched for the few services I use. Your help is much obliged.

~nano~
More
16 years 5 months ago #23919 by TheBishop
There shouldn't be any; if you can reach the lab then you can use it
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds