Skip to main content

TCP Port 2001 - 2010

More
17 years 1 week ago #20741 by hoppy
TCP Port 2001 - 2010 was created by hoppy
It says I must open these ports to use the lab. If I knew how to do that, I wouldn't need the lab. :)

So what do I need to check?
More
17 years 1 week ago #20742 by smitherton
Replied by smitherton on topic Re: TCP Port 2001 - 2010
I have yet to use the lab but, I would imagine that you need to open a tcp port in your firewall to get reliable service. So, if you are using a linksys type router; open the 200x ports and also do the same on your firewall in winodws, or whatever OS you are using.
More
17 years 1 week ago #20743 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: TCP Port 2001 - 2010
You hopefully shouldn't need to do anything other then ensure that you can either send requests to these ports on your local firewall or allow something like telnet to run on the firewall.

Most DSL routers will allow traffic outbound (and allow returning traffic) so you shouldn't need anything doing on these devices (unless you have locked them down to specific traffic going out).

If you are struggling then please let us know what firewalls and/or routers you are using so we can best advise.

Regards

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 1 week ago #20777 by hoppy
Replied by hoppy on topic Re: TCP Port 2001 - 2010
The firewall is a pix 515e but I won't know until the lab starts in a couple of weeks.
More
17 years 1 week ago #20780 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: TCP Port 2001 - 2010
Providing tcp ports 2001 -2010 are allowed outbound on the pix then you shouldn't have any issues with the lab.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds