Skip to main content

Book your lab in the calendar/GMT thing!

More
17 years 1 day ago #20505 by cciesec2007
1) Setup/change GMT settings in your firewall.cx account profile, whatever +/- (plus/minus) GMT is for your location.

Now you don't do anything regarding time.

2) when you book through calendar, you book according to YOUR LOCAL TIME (not GMT time). That's it

example: If you want to practice lab @ 12noon your local time, and you fall under GMT +4hrs or -2hrs or anthing (you already did change in your profile), you book in the calendar 1200-1300 (1hr session)

***To calculate your GMT for your location,
www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

www.ciscojournal.com (coming soon)
More
17 years 1 day ago #20506 by ashok_nitc
i have a problem regarding this time set. I am from India GMT+ 5.30.
as 5.30 is not available in the list given in list. so i was trying set timing by GMT+5 /GMT+6. after updating i was using shout box to check whether its correct or not. but not getting my local time on the shout box!
it means shout box always takes GMT value not local value. or my local time is not setting. I guess first one is correct!
More
17 years 1 day ago #20509 by Chris
ashok_nitc,

The shout box will only display the messages using the server's local account - it won't take in consideration your GMT.

Unfortunately, there is no support currently for timezones such as +5:30, but this is taken in cosideration for future updates of the system.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
17 years 6 hours ago #20546 by ashok_nitc
thank you Chris!
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds