Skip to main content

Hardware donations?

More
18 years 3 months ago #12301 by drizzle
Hardware donations? was created by drizzle
Just curious to know if you are looking for any donations. I realize that donations usually mean that the products are old and decrepid but I thought I would throw it out there.

We have a bunch of 2501, 2514's and DSU/CSU's we are getting rid of and I would rather see them support a community than site lonely in some geeks attic gathering dust.

They all work just fine but obviously don't support the latest and greatest Cisco has to offer. They might work good in a sort of "beginners" section of the lab.

Just a thought.

Drizzle
More
18 years 3 months ago #12342 by drizzle
Replied by drizzle on topic Re: Hardware donations?
Okay, so I just looked through the hardware we are getting rid of. Here is the list... if you are interested:

4 x 2514
2 x 2501
4 x CSU/DSU (2 x motorolla, 2 x adtrans)
6 x 10baseT Transcievers
4 x V.35 Cisco cables

I know most of this hardware is easy and cheap to find. Just wanted to know if the firewall.cx team could use it.
More
18 years 3 months ago #12360 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Hardware donations?
Drizzle,

We would love to add your equipment to the site's lab! Any Cisco equipment that might be useless is surely of some use for our labs. This will also help us extend the labs further - creating larger and more complex labs for the community !

The big question is where are you located ? :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 3 months ago #12365 by drizzle
Replied by drizzle on topic Re: Hardware donations?
Redmond, WA, USA
More
18 years 3 months ago #12383 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Hardware donations?
Drizzle,

Thank you very much for your kind offer. Due to your location, it seems like it will be a bit difficult for us to get them equipment since the lab will be running within Europe.

Shipping the items over here will be far to expensive and not recommended. Regardless of the outcome, we thank you for considering helping the community in this way, and hope more members will follow your example to help us built a better and 'richer' Cisco lab.

Cheers mate,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 2 months ago #12480 by Cbergman
Replied by Cbergman on topic Re: Hardware donations?
Hey now,

I could use some of that equiptment. I have an FPO to ship to and live in Spain so the shipping costs won't be that much. Check it out and see what it would cost
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds