Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

More
18 years 2 months ago #12611 by The_Gruffalo
Replied by The_Gruffalo on topic Re: Happy New Year!
Hi All. A happy new year. I thought about a resolution, but the best I came up with was "to boldly go...". That lasted about 5 minutes 'til the kids wanted tea and the washing up had to be done, so I'll try for something less ambitious, like getting the CCNA finished and perhaps even "boldly going" on to a CCNP.

Have a good one. :D
More
18 years 2 months ago #12621 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Happy New Year!
The_Gruffalo??

As in "The Grufffalo". "He has terrible teeth in his terrible jaw.....He has purple prickles over his back."

The parents of young children will understand the reference. For those of you who are still confused. The book/story is called "The Gruffalo" and is written by Julia Donaldson. (Oh dear, how sad am I :? )

Rockape
More
18 years 2 months ago #12638 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Gruffallo
Hey Gruffallo, where in Durham are you? I was there 9th/10th Jan doing a LAN audit
More
18 years 2 months ago #12639 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Happy New Year!

I don't make any resolutions, then I don't feel guilty about breaking them

Nice one Rockape :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 2 months ago #12641 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Happy New Year!

I don't make any resolutions, then I don't feel guilty about breaking them

Nice one Rockape :)

Works for me :D
More
18 years 2 months ago #12677 by The_Gruffalo
Replied by The_Gruffalo on topic Re: Happy New Year!
I also think it's a very worthy and noble thought. Aim low, that's what I say. It inevitably leads to unexpected successes and a feeling of achievement.

In answer to your question Rockape, The name is from the book. My daughter loves it. Must have read that book 100 times. We also like the sequel 'the gruffalo's child' as well and are quite into Winnie the Witch at the moment, but I find that if I need her to go to sleep anything from Cisco press read in a low voice works wonders.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds