Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

More
18 years 3 months ago #12678 by The_Gruffalo
Replied by The_Gruffalo on topic Re: Gruffallo

Hey Gruffallo, where in Durham are you? I was there 9th/10th Jan doing a LAN audit

Hi Bishop. I don't live in the city, but in a village just outside. Really enjoy it. Durham is a great city, small and very friendly with some good pubs and a very nice atmosphere. If you're up here again and want some advice on stuff to do give me a shout.

What did you think of the place? Did you manage to get out or was it all work?
More
18 years 3 months ago #12696 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Happy New Year!

I also think it's a very worthy and noble thought. Aim low, that's what I say. It inevitably leads to unexpected successes and a feeling of achievement.

In answer to your question Rockape, The name is from the book. My daughter loves it. Must have read that book 100 times. We also like the sequel 'the gruffalo's child' as well and are quite into Winnie the Witch at the moment, but I find that if I need her to go to sleep anything from Cisco press read in a low voice works wonders.

Hee Hee,

I have a 3 year old boy and he is the same, loves both books. And the other books written by the pair (The smartest giant, snail on the whale, a squash and a squeeze....oh dear, I need to read some grown up books I think!).

Strangely enough anything from cisco press read in a low voice sends me to sleep at well. Which the Bishop will tell you is quite an achievement, as like Chris I don't sleep alot!
More
18 years 3 months ago #12718 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Durham
Hi Gruffalo
Durham was nice but I was really busy doing an audit/healthcheck on a big LAN right at the side of the river. The first night I ate at Emilios Italian restaraunt on the bridge which was wonderful. (Note to Chris - they had Olives though not as nice as yours of course) The second night I tried a Chinese buffet place and got sick the next day. But at least I got my audit finished and got almost home before it kicked in properly
More
18 years 3 months ago #12728 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Happy New Year!
Emilios, mmm (Salivates at the thought!)

Been there a few times, and the food is most excellent. Infact, as the Bishop will testify. It is compulsary for us to visit there at least one on any extended site visit.
More
18 years 3 months ago #12743 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Happy New Year!
Ahh! So that's what the Bishop was up to in Durham... And I thought he was actually doing some work.
More
18 years 3 months ago #12744 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Work
Eating is work!
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds