Skip to main content

Can anyone suggest me wat to do.......

More
12 years 10 months ago #36905 by nabshab
Hello everyone , am new to this website and really happy to see a website supporting networking fundementals....

I completed B.E (Information Technology) and currently am working as a software developer for the last 5 months . The problem i dont like development as much , but i do really like networking especially network security section....

I know basic networking fundementals and am ready to do a ccna certifications , but the problem is the market is down in networking side , even my friends who had done CCNA , CCNP certifications havent got any job yet. And myself i created a fake profile in different job sites saying i got 1 year experience in networking field and am CCNA certified , even then am not getting any call from any core networking companies......

So am really confused right now , whether to stuck ion this feild itself or to move to networking side.....

Guys please help me... give me some suggestions.....
More
12 years 10 months ago #36912 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Advice

And myself i created a fake profile in different job sites saying i got 1 year experience in networking field and am CCNA certified , even then am not getting any call from any core networking companies......

First and foremost, start with being honest about your skill sets and experience. Knowing how the industry treats people, I would definitely suggest honesty. If you don't have credibility, even if you are 'the best' you will not get any attention.

Right, coming to your education, I am failing to understand how you continued to study Bachelor of Engineering , for 'n' number of years without even realising that you don't even like it. If you rather progress in networking, you should have chosen something in those lines. But saying that, a degree doesn't make you a professional. What does make you a professional is how you apply your knowledge to solve problems and gather more experience.

OK, sermonising over, now lets talk about networking. You need to understand what you like about networking. It is building networks, or installing networks, or maintaining networks, or troubleshooting network issues and security issues.

So in a nutshell, try and justify within yourself, whether you really like networking, or you want a quick way to a job by doing some courses. I am only saying this because you mentioned inspite of doing a B.E you are interested in network security. But you are confused whether to stick to your current job, or move onto networking.

It's your career, and it will always be your decision. We can only show you the pros and cons of anything.

So let us know why you like networking, is it something that you are really interested in, or it is a means to an end.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 10 months ago #36969 by sais
hello ; my dear friend . u have completed B.E in I.S. which is realated to networking.... we have lab also for networking. most of networking engg r i.s or electronic. if ur intersted them u have do to ccna. u can manage it............
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds