Skip to main content

how to configure firewall in packet tracer??

More
13 years 14 hours ago #36626 by Mujix
hi all,
ive searched allot online about how to configure firewall on cisco routers in packet tracer but i couldnt find anything that helps me and i was hopping that someone can help me?? :?
More
13 years 11 hours ago #36627 by rizin
Hi,

There is a help in a Cisco packet tracer, I definitely say that it is a great tool which gives all explanation, Try it or else tell us what exactly you wanna configure in Firewall, Bring with some scenario.

Rizin

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
13 years 46 minutes ago #36634 by Mujix
hey rizin, well im having two networks that are connected as a WAN with router 2811, im trying to use firewall to secure the two network, i know there are two ways to implemnt firewall( software is configuring the firewall in the router it self, or hardware were we put a router in the middle between the network and it will work as firewall only) im going to do in software but i want to know how to do it, i mean am i going to configure the firewall in a certen port or? and how can i do it is there anything i have to do before implementing the firewall?

this is my first time working on firewall and i never studied about it and ive been searching about to learn about it, hope i can learn from you.

regards
More
12 years 11 months ago #36637 by sose
How About using with ASA GNS3
More
12 years 11 months ago #36638 by Mujix
the problem is, the design and basic configuration are already ready on packet tracer so no time to change to GNS :s

can ASA be implemented in packet tracer?
More
12 years 11 months ago #36639 by rizin
Mujix - Well let us go one by one.

1. There is one Router 2811

2. You have two networks ie.. 192.168.2.0 and 192.168.4.0

3. Now you can use router to route the packets between two networks.

4. What kind of security are you looking for? Do you want to give access to specific users to access other network, such as you want to give 192.168.2.0 users to access the account folders in 192.168.4.0, if this is scenario you can use access list to access/deny permissions in router.

5. Are you looking for above type of scenario ?

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds